3 weeks pp emergency c-section

I feel like im ready to start having sex again...what do u ladies think?

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 6:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh my gosh, too early!! That's great you're ready... I still felt like I was going to die at this point with my emergency c-section... But it isn't safe. I'd wait until your 6 week postpartum appt. Or at least wait another week or 2. If you went into labor and had any dilation at all, you could be at risk for a uterine infection. A friend of mine had sex at 2 weeks pp and ended up hospitalized.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would also suggest waiting at least 6 weeks, You can get a really bad infection. also, be careful not to do too much. I made that mistake thinking I was ready to do more than I was and my incision opened and I got a horrible infection which they needed to reopen and put drains in. It was extremely painful and set me back at least six weeks.

Take it easy for a while!!
    mkell511

Answer by mkell511 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I also had an emergency c-section. hubby got home from Iraq when i was 3 weeks PP and we had sex. It wasn't 100% comfortable, but it wasn't very painful either.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009