• In the Spotlight:

Spoiled Newborn

Who was that who said you can't spoil a newborn? ummm yes you CAN! My daughter is rotten at 3 weeks

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 6:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you really can't...probably has colic or something.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 7:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• A rotten 3 week old? Are you serious? Perhaps it is the child's mother that is rotten. Did you think this was going to be easy, that you could just pop out a child and have it fit neatly into your life? Seriously, at 3 weeks, it is impossible for a baby to be "spoiled". Perhaps you should just give up now and give that baby to someone who really wants it. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Guys... I think she means her baby is spoiled rotten... :D
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think YOU'RE the one who is spoiled.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• sometimes,you just have to let her cry alittle,it wont hurt her,and try not hold her so much,it is hard ,not wanting to hold her all the time,but it will only hurt both of you in the long run. Good Luck,and congradulations.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• At this age you can't really spoil them but as she gets older let her cry it out for short periods of time, it won't hurt her and it will teach her to become more independant. Oh and don't listen to the bitchy people.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I can't believe how mean some people can be! It is very stressful to have a new baby that cries all of the time - especially when you want to fix it but can't and you are deprived of sleep. Besides, describing a child as "spoiled" is not bad. OP said nothing to deserve the nasty comments - especially the first anon. Do the world a favor anon and take up a cause where you could be useful.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sorry, FlyMom, if someone calling a helpless newborn spoiled bothers me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• And that was me 8:09 am, don't know why it posted Anon.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• At 3 weeks, there is no way baby is spoiled! Baby has not developed enough to know to cry on cue. It baby is crying, he/she needs something. I know it's hard and it seems like it never stops and you are awlays holding, changing, feeding, etc. But this will pass and baby will become more independent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2009