How low have you been? What would you have done for money?

My debit card was declined for $1.87 at the gas station. I look at my account on line and I am 300.00 over drawn. WTF my DH made arrangments for a bill back when he was working and forgot to tell me about it. now WTF am i going to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Got any movies, cds, videogames, videogame systems, jewelry, power tools...?

Hit the pawn shop with it. That's what I did. Sucks a butt to lose your stuff but it's better than losing your lights or food.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with gremlyn, a pawnshop will be your best bet for some quick cash.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You still have internet, why not work online for extra money? There are plenty of legitimate jobs and real survey sites - NO FORM NO Downline NO credit card EVER! I can give you a list of legitimate survey sites where you will be asked questions about your home, what you purchase and what you like to wear. They even send you items to try FOR FREE. Got to stuckathomemom.com, for a complete list of JOBs and REAL survey sites.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yup, pawn, sell stuff. Dont be silly and do anything illegal. You will just get in trouble and end up owing more money. Contact the bank. Talk with them. Trust me they wont send you to debters prison, but if you ignore this its gonna cost you alot more money. Weve all been there........good luck!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you just need money to get you out of the bounced checks,I also would go to the pawn shop.Good luck,and sorry you are in this situation. Good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• And, for the future, get your own account w/o your hubby on it. I have been married 12 years and my husband is so bad about money that I had enough of the lack of communication and negative marks in our checking account. So, I started my own. I did tell him eventually and he was cool with it. Best thing I have ever done. The whole "you should share accounts because you are married" isn't always that cut and dry.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 8:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Pawn shop. You can also sell your blood. Plasma actually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I know this sounds kind of extreme, and is more a long-term thing than something to help right this second, but you could try selling your eggs. Or your husband could be a sperm donor even sooner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Go to the bank & ask the manager to remove the fees. They should have bounced the payment if there wasn't enough money in there to cover it.

This is why I hate banks. I only use credit unions now.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have not been too low, to be honest, but I have sold my plasma before when I was in college. Here it is $40 a visit and you can go twice a week...if you and your husband both did it, that would be an extra $160 a week. If I was real low, I would definitely be willing to sell eggs or whatever else they can take out of my body.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2009