Not a question....

UGGG. I feel horrible. My daughter keeps sneaking things to school-shoes she's not to wear at school, toys...So this morning I told her she can't take a box full of my little pet shops. She put it in her backpack anyway. I told her to put a folder in her backpack, and she acted funny. I asked her if she put the toys in there, she said no. She had. I took them out, and put them inside the house. She said she had to go to the bathroom, so I told her to hurry, her bus was coming. Well, she didn't have to go potty, she was sneaking a toy. I went to swat her on the butt, and she fell. I feel horrible. I don't think it hurt as bad as she was acting though. I guess I do have a question. What things have happened when you have spanked your kids(if you spank)? Like, have they fallen, what did they hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• My DH was around 10 yrs old and his mom slapped him in the face...she ran around like crazy trying to find something to make the hand print go away. I have 4 kid's so I am sure at some point something has happened that wasn't supposed to happen lol. Crap happens, you didn't throw her on the floor and beat her, you popped her butt when she was told repeatedly NOT to do something, it's okay Momma, try not to feel bad!!
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 8:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Drama - to make you feel bad and get her out of trouble....smart kid. My kids would fall on the floor if I looked at them harshly. I would just laugh and say "I don't think so...not gonna work" and punish them anyway.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• lol flymom07.. same here i bap my sons butt and he screams it hurts..when i know he barley felt it.lol i say knock it off your ok and proceed to sit in your time out. i think its funny when kids know how to play the parent even at age 2 they know how to play. even my 3 year old will yell no mama stop picking me ( his way of saying spanking ) like i do it 24/7. which i dont! he gets a bap when i said no twice. its what have i told you? no. bap. dont feel bad, kids know how to make us feel bad and use it.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I honestly thought I'd get a response from someone telling me I'm a bad mom for spanking! My 10 year old has run around the house screaming 'don't beat me, don't beat me!' or 'don't hurt me, don't hurt me!' Spanking usually doesn't work, but sometimes I feel that I just have to do it. In the past 2 weeks my daughter has done this atleast 4 times. She's sneaky, my boys aren't this sneaky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• For something like this I wouldn't spank (I DO believe in spanking though)...this requires taking everything she's ever tried to sneak out of the house from her. She needs to be put on punishment and let her know that whatever she sneaks out will now become yours and she won't ever see it again.

When I read this I thought Awww cute...when they get a certain age they want to impress thier friends in school with things. So I think this is what it's all about.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• This is just my opinion, but I have never believed in spanking. I just don't see any reason why people should physically hurt their kids. I was brougt up to believe that there is a big difference between being scared of your parent and respecting them. We teach our kids that it is not okay to hit other people, but what are we showing them when we do it to them?
    Anonymous