What type of stroller should I get to take on a Disney Vacation

I am traveling by plane so I want something that is going to work for us (storage for her things, comfy to sleep in, protects from sun, practical for the plane and shuttles to the park, small enough to be folded and fit places but enough room for her to be comfy)

kellylmasi

Asked by kellylmasi at 8:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Travel

• Don't take one. Rent one of theirs. Much easier & they are bigger.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would just get a good umbrella stroller. The rentals at the park are really nice but they are like 10 bucks a day.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We got married down in Florida and then went to Disney when Tyler was 18 months old. From our experience, I would say BRING A STROLLER! It REALLY came in handy and like you say, she could lay back in it and be comfortable and ours had a canopy/shade that would go all the way down and block the sun out completely which is important this time of the year. We actually brought Evenflo stroller that came with our infant seat and the stroller along with his carseat and luggage all went on the plane and we didn't have that hard of a time and it was well worth it having our stroller!!! Also, it's great having a place (stroller basket) to store all yours and DH stuff too!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I always take my big Graco one. I love the stroller for the basket size. I am not one that likes umbrella strollers. You can rent them in the park but I would rather take my own.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:30 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• you can buy a smaller stroller with a basket, sunshade, cup holders etc. like a big stroller and take it, if the sunshades not as big as you would like then buy an extender. You can buy this at kmart or walmart or even babiesrus. It would still be small enough to take on the plae with you. I have done this before and it works well, umbrella strollers also work but may not have everything you want on them. Have fun.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 11:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There is a stroller made by COMBI! They are great. They actually fold in half and have a strap made onto them so that you can carry them onto the plane or onto a bus. They are sold at babies r us (only place that I have seen them) They are umbrella strollers that lay back have five point harness. They are cool. I plan on getting one when I travel this summer.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 7:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would get a really nice back pack any time before I did a stroller. I do not like strollers:-) Or I would take some germ wipes and rent one there:-)
    Anonymous

• I have heard from several people that the strollers at disney are wonderful-lightweight,yet big enough for 2 kids plus bags,etc., very easy to turn, and very worth it
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2009