Waking up at night

My 8 month old daughter has been waking up like clock work at 4:30am everyday!! She is wide awake. I put her to bed around 7:30 and she normally sleeps through the night but the last few days she is up at 4:30 and just talks in her crib eventually she will go back to sleep sometimes I will have to go in there to give her her pacifier. Also her bottom 2 teeth broke a few weeks ago so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Thanks for your info

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teeth can do all sorts of things. So can the time change. What happens if you put her down a little later at night?

Answer by gdiamante at 9:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I know what you mean. My 9 month old goes to sleep at 8 and normally wakes up at 7:30, but a few times last week she got up at 5 or 5:30. So, I give her a bottle and she'll go back to sleep.
    Yeah, it could be that your baby teeth are bothering her. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If she's putting herself back to sleep on her own or without feeding... sounds like not such a bad situation. Around that age my first daughter started waking up at 4:56 am (seriously, clockwork!) and was up until her morning nap. Nothing would convince her it was not morning! lol For your situation, it should pass on its own, especially if you're not feeding her at that hour.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2009