Would you testify against your own son?

If you know he is not going to be a good parent to your grandchild would you testify against him at the custody hearing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes, if it helps give a better life to your grandchild.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• yes i would
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sure, but keep in mind people change so it might be beneficial to have supervised visitations and maybe it'll help him become a better person.

Is it possible you are underestimating your child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes, i would. Espescially if I feel he isn't a good father to my grandson.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes, I don't stand by someone doing wrong, even if they are my child. Some people do, and it kills me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If I felt that my grandchild was neglected or abused, or that my son was using drugs in front of him/her, or if I was afraid for my grandchild's safety, then i would 100% testify.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would, sometimes it takes something really harsh to make people see the truth about themselves. If safety and well being are a concern then someone needs to step up and do what's right. I had to testify against my brother when I was 13, it was for custody of my niece. He ended up taking parenting classes, cooking classes, anger management classes......he's a much better person now because someone stood up to him!

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would testify to the truth of the matter. Its our job to protect those who cannot protect themselves. I would ask for manditory parenting classes, drug treatment, supervised visitation etc.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It depends. If I knew he was abusive and would not be any kind of decent parent then I would. If it was a matter of he is a good parent but his ex would be the better parent then I would stay out of it. Only in a circumstance where it is beyond a doubt he has been abusive and neglectful. But I realize that would be most likely the end of his relationship with me. I would hope not but the reality is that he would most liekly reject me. I would hope and pray that I could also be a part of this child's life no matter who ends up being his primary care giver.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2009