On an episode of House, this teenage model had sex with her dad.

He admitted it, but then SHE said SHE seduced him. So that he would let her do what ever she wanted, she had this to hold over his head. Sick. Anywho, are you fairly confident that if, God forbid, someone molested your kid(s), that they would tell you? I think I'm fairly confident that ours would tell us. Our kids have very different personallities. So they would tell us in very different ways. But I have always told them that no one is allowed to look or touch their private parts except me, dad and the doctor(not in a bad way, but if something is worng). And I am always there when they are examined by a doctor. So I feel that they know, and that they would tell me if someone did something to them. I hope they would.

Buffie95

Asked by Buffie95 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would hope and pray that my kiddos would tell me!! We have told them that there is NOBODY that is too see them without clothes and that there is no reason foranyone to ever touch them. EVER. We explained that there isn't anyone, but the Dr and only if mom and dad know about it, that shoud see them without clothes on. Period. I don't want any of my kids to thing because it was Uncle ______ then it's okay because he loves me like my dad blah blah blah. It's so scarry that we as parents have to worry about really sick things happening all the time and yet we have to let the kids be kids.
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 9:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• That is why its so important to keep a line of communication with your kids. Its important to pay attention no matter how busy you are to your kids. So often when kids become more independent parents tend to stop really paying attention and being involved. You hear all the time "my god how did this happen to my child"? "Our life is so busy I just didnt notice". Thats why kids become addicts, kids get abused and dont tell anyone. Parents dont notice. You can be involved without hovering. You can know there friends and where they are going. You can insist on meeting there friends parents. You can listen to your instinct. My kids never spent the night at anyones houses until I felt comfortable. Drives us crazy but we encouraged our house to be the hang out. I also make it a point to invite parents over to get to know us.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My daughter is 2 but I am sure she would let me know, or i would know, you know? I make sure my daughter knows that no one is allowed to touch her there. She knows that daddy and I wipe it clean, and will look at it when we need to, but no one else is allowed.

As for the house episode, that is a different. She got him completely drunk and then slept with him while he was out of it. THAT is just gross and the model needs her head examined, that poor father.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My girl has a speech delay so I'm not sure how she would let me know if something like that happened.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 10:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My DD is 2 and we have told her repeatedly that no one but me, her dad, maybe a grandparent who'd be changing her, can look at or touch her privates. I don't know if she's at a stage where she could tell me or would even know that something had happened. My SS is 15 and I think he would tell us. We've always been open and cool with the whole sex discussion in our house. We will continue to discuss inappropriate behavior from adults with my daughter in the hopes that that keeps her safe as she gets older.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 10:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009