Grocery shopping...

Yesterday, i went grocery shopping and spent $207! The lady in front of me had a 4 bottles of good (Herbal Essence)shampoo, 4 of conditioner, cereal, cheese, milk, yogurt...not sure what else. But, after giving the cashier all these cut out coupons she had her total only came to $18! How the hell did she do that? I want to become a shopper like that to save some money on groceries. Got any tips for doing that?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i do coupns and when theres a sale. so if i have a copon for 1.00 off on tooth past and then theres a sale on the toothpast like 10 for 10 thats when i use it. its like getting one for free. so i will buy 5 toothpasts get one free and then anouther sale itam that i have copuns for like pasta i do same thing buy 5 and get one free with the 1.00 off coupon. thats my 10 for 10. but in the end i buy 8 and get 2 free.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I clip coupons from the paper, get them online, buy store specials....we save a lot but it does take time and planning!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I do use coupons all the time. The Sunday paper has them, once a week they'll throw some in the mail ads and also certain mags have them. I think Woman's Day. I have a teen so any make-up or hair product coupons I usually collect. I just got a $3 off out of one mag. for the thumblelina movie for my 6 yr old.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Ok, I understand the coupon cutting thing, but do you save more with the coupons on name brand items, or is it cheaper to buy generic without a coupon?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I wish I could do that
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• ME TOO!!!!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 9:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Clip coupons out of the paper, look online for coupons to print out, sign up for websites that send you coupons every month, and if you shop at Walmart and you see in another stores ad that it's cheaper at the other store all you have to do is take in the other stores ad and Walmart with price match it. Buying in bulk while things are on sale with save you a lot of money too.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Before you shop, have your coupons ready and sit down and read the store circular, if you don't get it in the mail, you can see it online. Make your weekly menu around what's on sale that week, for example if lettuce is on sale make a nice big salad one night, tacos another, etc. If something is on sale AND you have a coupon, jackpot. Stock up on sale items so that you never run out of something and have to pay full price for it. If your kids eat PB&J and peanut butter or jelly goes on sale, buy 4 of them each, etc.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• cont........I definitely will buy generic if it is cheaper then purchasing name brand even with a coupon. The only time I use coupons is if it is something I use all the time or would like to try out. That's when you spend too much---when you clip and buy just because you have a coupon for it in your hand.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2009