if u had to write a letter to your mom as a surprise what would u say???

my pastors wife called me yesterday and asked me if i would write a love letter to my mom, shes going on a 3 4 day retreat with her church, i have been writing a rough draft getting ideas from other moms would be so helpful, it will be so emotional without alot of mussy stuff and i have a good idea but if anyone has suggestions it would be of help. its a surprise and for our eyes only, what an opportinity!

barabra

Asked by barabra at 9:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Dear Mom,

I do not think I ever fully understood how hard your job was,until I had my own child. I always took you for granted and for that I am truly sorry. You are a great Mom,but beyond that you are a wonderful person. I was blessed to be your child,but I am more grateful now to be your friend. I do not think I could of pick a more perfect parnet for myself. You were Mom and Dad to us growing up. You never complained about not having a life outside of your work and family. You raised us to be polite and giving people. I love you more than I could ever place into words.

Love your daughter.
    eeyoree

Answer by eeyoree at 9:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Mine wouldn't be a love letter.
    It would be:
    Hi mom, thanks for abandoning me as a two year old. It was probably the best thing you ever did for me! Have fun in Hell, you'll be there soon. I hope you take my father with you. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• hmm same with me..dear mom thanks for telling dad all those lies and putting me through a plate glate window...and also thank you for kicking me out of the house when i was rapped cause you couldnt deal with my daughter,it felt so good going back into that apt. again.....but i believe in karma..
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Oh gosh... with the other responses I feel so blessed. My Mom passed away after a nearly 3 year battle with cancer when I was 20 but I'd have written to her how appreciative I was of how much she gave up for herself to give me the things I needed. How I appreciated all of the hard work she did to feed me, clothe me and that her hugs and I love you's were better than any toy, pair of shoes or outfit. How the one thing I've never doubted for a second as I got older was how much she loved me, and how much I love her and how I never understood just how much she loved me till I held my baby in my arms and later when I saw my child sick and how it broke my heart to see her sick, her feelings or body hurt or her just sad. So, I finally know, just how deep her love is for me, because with my children it's endless, I love them more every day, as she must love me and that I realized that no matter what I do, she always will.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would tell my mom all the memories I have of her..I think I would have a "remember when" letter and show her that all that stuff has a special place and helped me become who I am today...I would so mostly funny times! (like when she was at girl scout camp and we stole her stuff and turned it into lost and found so she had to sing Amazing Grace alone in front of the whole camp to get her stuff back) Its things like that when I know she cared enough about me to show up and participate and i hope i can be there for my dd like she was for me.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• When my daughter was 15, running wild and driving me insane, ......I apologized to my other for ever being a teenager, and for any on the hurt I caused.She laughed at me.But I meant it.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• thanks for sharing your ideas and thought with me, really it helped alot
    barabra

Answer by barabra at 6:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009