Diapers At DayCare!

Oh, I am so aggravated. Like most mother's I live on a budget. A tight one. I can afford to pay my bills and get the things my family needs, but I have little money to spare. I know that there are people alot worse off then me, And they are doing there best to get by. HOWEVER, I can not afford to pay for diapers and wipes for thier kids. The daycare uses the diapers you bring in for any kid who needs them, then tells me I am out! Damn it, I brought in a 55 pack and she used it in a week and a half..???? No way. I understand they have to do what they have to do, but heres a thought, If you use my diapers on Someone elses kid, use thier diapers for mine... There is a million things about daycares that drive me insane, My kid getting bit, or hurt, moving them from room to room, etc. What pisses you off about your daycare?

Mommyxtwo777

Asked by Mommyxtwo777 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have one more sit down with the Director. Make it clear to her that your child should be diaper CHECKED every hour. If it is dry DO NOT CHANGE IT. Tell her the things you are unhappy with. but go in with the idea of what can we do to fix this. However, don't hesitate to let het know you will be looking for alternative care if it continues. Check your contract with the center. Some center add a clause that you must give a specified minimum amount of notice or face a huge charge. Just arm yourself with the facts. Good Luck!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I've worked in 2 daycares and they both had their own "emergency" supply of diapers--provided by the daycare itself. If the parents neglected to bring in diapers after being asked and their kid used most of the emergency pack...they got charged for them.

This is your child, and your money. I wuold walk in there and tell them flat out that they are NOT allowed to share her diapers with anyone else. If they do, you'll remove her. They don't want to lose that kind of money!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I had the same problem. I solved it by writing my sons name on every single diaper..and I mean big. I also numbered them and would time the last diaper I put on him in the morning. I stopped having that problem, I'm sure they started taking from someone else.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I used to work at a daycare when I was alot younger. They didnt share diapers but they did share wipes. I agree you shouldnt have to have someone elses kid wearing the diapers you bought. I would go right to the director and say I am running out of diapers to fast. I will no longer be sharing diapers or else. Most people would accomodate you. Im sure there are parents who dont bring in diapers regularly. Personally after working in a facility if my children had to be in daycare I would find a good inhome licensed daycare. In fact when I went back to school I found an awesome lady who did daycare in her home. Less kids, more interaction it seemed like at the facility they were treated more like a herd of cattle.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You just have to go in there and raise a fuss. And GrnEyedGrandma's idea is great.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 9:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• In response to grneyedgrandma. I DID... and they sent her home in one that said EMMA....(my daughters name is Patience) Oh well the lady must not have known. UM HELLO< If you are taking care of my child every damn day and you can't remember her name, we have a bigger problem then the diapers. Needless to say after that one, that woman was no longer allowed near my child. Which I had already had problems with her before. She decided to pull my daughters hair up and they were pulled so tight my daughters scalp was bright red and she was screaming when i touched them, Then she used the wrong wipes and gave my daughter a rash (3 times) even after i complained, Finally i told the director, If that woman is in charge of my child one more time, I will find another center, She was moved out of her room. They make a list of all the changes each day and too make up for the diapers they use on other kids they put changed dry diaper.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I complained about that one too.. she does not need to be changed every single hour when 3 in a row were dry diapers. It still keeps happening, I was pissed last week i picked her up they had listed they changed her every hour and 4 of them were dry?!? WHY>?? then i had an incident where my sister picked her up early, at 230, when they gave me her daily sheet, the next morning, amazingly she had 3 diaper changes after she left. But I LOVE HER TEACHER. and I love the things she learns there, she has friends and emotionally she is growing, Its hard to pull her out when I know its good for her, its just the DA people that work there. I had her in an in home , Oh i will never do that again, it was worse with the diapers and the wipes, ALOT worse, And she let all the kids no matter sex run around with no pants on... Not to mention a million things i didn't like , Like keeping my walking kid in a swing all day, she was too big !
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• What I would do is only send like what the baby may need for the day, no extra and then tell them why.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2009