Liberals, Can you say goodbye to your energy tax credit?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29866429/
Wasn't this an Obama promise with his Cap and Trade taxation, meant to help low to middle income families with higher energy costs. I guess that means you will also pay higher (stealth) taxes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• While I think it's nice that many people are living greener, living green simply is cost prohibitive to many low income families. Akin is right. Do you think those families will feel better about paying a higher bill after you tell them your success story of using your compost to make better soil to grow your vegetables in? I can bet that they won't give a damn unless you are forking some of those veggies over so that they don't starve.  POTUS says all the time that we have responsibilities to our neighbors and communities.  Kudos to you for living green, but how does that translate to helping those that don't have the ability or finances to do so?  By accepting higher taxation, how exactly do you translate that into 'helping' others?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Or we'll do the smart thing and cut down our usage- as should you.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 9:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• That also means cutting down on the amount of food you eat, the clothes you wear, the washing of your clothes, the cost of dry cleaning, etc...since ALL of those things emit "evil" CO2 into our precious air supply during production/processing, which in turn means dramatic cost increases to offset the expenses those companies are going to have to pay.

This in turn is likely why he is giving WIC recipients more of an allowance--to cover the increases. Otherwise, it's "sorry kids...no milk or cheese for you...we have to do our part in being patriotic and save the environment, by cutting down on eating healthy."

***

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Did you also know that Obama has a vested interest in the carbon trading bill he is pushing? http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/25/obama-helped-fund-carbon-scheme/ Wonder which of his crooked buddies will benefit from THIS little project?

LoriKeet

• Oooo get 'em Raintree!! LOL!!

That's what I did, I went and purchased energy efficient light bulbs and other things. I bought curtains that contain the temperature in my home. I purchased heavy blankets for the winter other little things to help keep the energy in our home and keep the cost down. My energy bill was $27.32 this month. Oh yeah!!!!
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Cutting back on your usage doesn't take away from the fact that your man lied to you. He promised you a tax credit, and now is taking it away. You don't see that do you, or do follow him blindly to the gates of hell?
    Remember 68 in the winter, 72 in the summer, lights out after 9pm and enjoy the rest of the lies he has for you. hehe.
    H arrass O ther P eople E gomaniac
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• yeah, Lorikeet. There are these things called windows that I use to light my house during the day. I have a solar laptop charger. We don't watch much television. I line dry my clothes. I'm a vegetarian. I like what Michael Pollan says about how we eat- ''Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants''.

Dry cleaning... The only thing I EVER dry clean is my winter wool coat- and ONLY if it REALLY needs it- which it hardly ever does, as I am also a very clean person:)
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 10:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I didn't even pay attention to the tax stuff enough to know. I was more interested in other issues actually. Like the war. Like healthcare.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 10:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You know. I don't really take ANYTHING seriously as ''promised'' during ANY campaign. It seems like the conservatives do though.

Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 10:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Great link Lori, thanks.
    I knew there was another reason why he was pushing it so hard, being a do-gooder doesn't just come natural for him, environmentally or otherwise.
    How much CO2 does he emit when he smokes? His daughters should tax him every time he lights up and go buy their own puppy already.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2009