what would u do regaurding your sd and sickness.

ok its our weekend with kids and as normal one might be sick she is being tested for strep. my question is if she does have it should i tell her mom im sorry but there are other people in this house and what she has is contagious and not needed here. she should find out on fri not enough time for antibiotic to kick in, i know i wouldnt send my dd to her dads house with something catchy like strep ( cold ok ) but i will always warn. knowing he has other kids in his house. i love the kids here but we cant get sick like that. i would say keep her till shes not contagiouse then well pick her up, like sat night. i just dont know what to do if it is strep. and bm likes her weekends no matter what the case is. (xample ring worm)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well I dunno. I don't mean to sound rude but they are his kids. He should be able to take care of them sick or not. It's not like she's going to a friends house. You can keep your kids from getting it by being careful. Lot's of hand washing, lysol, wash all utensils touched by that child seperately, and keeping the sick child resting in one area. Chances are if the little girl visits you regularly anyway, your kids were already exposed. I would throw out all toothbrushes, clean bathroom well and replace bathroom cups. But this is my opinion only and it is your family. You do what's best for your family. :O) Hope she is feeling better soon.
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 9:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• IMO, It is not your decision to make..It is your DH's decision. Unless your DH allows you to have input on the raising of HIS kids, by another women.

The Bio-Mom. Might think the kids Dad is capable of taking care of his kids,sick or not.

Answer by louise2 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you have a child or adult whose immune system is compromised, then I agree that your sd should stay home with mom; however, like the PP said, dad should be able to take care of his sick child too and you can take measures to make sure it's not passed on to other kids. At the same time, if she's really not feeling well, then going back and forth between houses can be stressful on her system and delay her healing time. So really, it's not about the parents at all, but what's best for your SD...?
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• thank you ladies. i do have to add my dh is an ass lol. he dosent know what to do its always me. i do it all. right down to its time for your meds. as for sd rest is what she needs and here its hard between toddler and 2 other kids. its just go go go here lol. so she might be able to nap here and there. ( we have been threw this before ) i have no proublm taken her sick or not i just worry about everyone in the house. and me and dh cant get sick. and osd is always sick with a cold or something the kid has had more done to her them i have and im 31. and as me and dh say they are all our kids and bm does know this. and her and i get along nicely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Do what you want, but they are his kids, and if he doesn't take his kids on his weekends for ANY reason (except hospitalization or emergencies) his ex can use it against him and he could lose visits with his kids or be charged with contempt of court for not following the court orders.

What would you do if the sick one lived with you? Make her go elsewhere until she wasn't contagious?

Take precautions, wash hands, give her her own little comfortable area where she can snuggle in and feel better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I was really, really sick one time when my dad was supposed to pick me up to go camping. My mom tried to tell him I couldn't go but he got mad and thought she was making me fake so she could keep me home. I didn't want to disappoint him so I went. A half hour later he looked at me and said, "You really are sick aren't you?" He turned around and took me home, which is exactly where I wanted to be. Talk to the mother and see how she would feel about keeping the daughter at home until she feels better. I'm sure the little girl isn't up to switching houses and routines while she doesn't feel good.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If my SS is sick, his Mom always calls us. My DD is 2 now, but especially when she was smaller, his mom would call to let us help decide. If it was strep, he would stay home, the sniffles, he would probably come over. Thankfully, my DH has a great ex who communicates with us. Sometimes when my SS is sick, he wants to be at his Mom's, where he lives most of the time, in his own bed, where he can be really comfortable. I understand that. Nobody can take care of you like your Momma, lol.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 10:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009