Need mature christian advice PIOG

Ladies,

This is a serious matter and I would appreciate kindness and no bashing.

Like my name says I am a tortured soul. I've been a practicing witch since 1986. I currently am high priestess of a coven. My inner spirit is nearly dead. I lost my father march 7th and that was my last straw. He died without family members present in the middle of the night in hospice care. The angel (nurse) that was with him said he was deeply agitated and she couldn't settle him down. She told me she put christian programming on the TV and some christian hymns were being featured. She went on to say that these hymns settled my father down and he passed away peacefully. He was 67 and did not have any dementia or other disease of the mind.

Anyway, since that night I've been questioning why would something my father never appreciated give him peace and will it give me peace?

I asked for proof and I got Lev 16 20-25. What does that mean?

TorturedSoul

Asked by TorturedSoul at 9:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It definately sounds like God is speaking to you! I truly believe it will give you peace if you accept Him.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I used to volunteer at a hospice for college credit. I cant tell you all the amazing stories I had heard and got to witness of people who werent even christians call out to God, ask for a pastor, see angels ect. I think when you are that close to death your soul just knows. I hope and pray you take the time to examine your life. I am not bashing I know how easy it is to be pulled into a dark path. I hope you dont mind but I am going to pray for you.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• God does offer complete peace which is why your father was full of peace. Satan flees when God is around. Have you ever heard of thewayofthemaster.com? It has really great information and helped our family so much in our faith. I will also keep you in my prayers!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 10:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• In the Bible read John 3:16. Romans 6:23 Romans 10:9-10,13 It is time to pray and ask for forgiveness. I am praying too for you. There is a book that my husband told me about that was written by a high priestess and the the Lord saved her. You might want to read this He Came to Set the Captives Free by Rebecca Brown ( Chick Publications. ) I pray this helps.

Phillippians 4:7 And the peace of God which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 10:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• ok I am going to address what that scripture means. Wow its profound but it is a type of what Jesus did on the Cross. He made atonement for us and carried the sins of the world for us . When He died he shed blood , His word Father Forgive them was a confession of forgiveness. His last words were "It is finished!" The task was done and He entered the Holy of Holies in Heaven.
    Thankfully we do not have to do this entire ritual but that it was already done on the cross for us.
    I hope this helps you a bit. I wanted to answer that part of your question since no one else has.
    As for the peace.. your grandfather was most likely given a last chance to repent and ask Jesus to come in. He may not have verbalized it but God knows the heart.
    I have a friend who is a chaplain in hospitals and she can tell when someone had gotten their peace or not by the look on their faces. This is my own discernment but I do not encourage...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• books by Rebecca Brown. I won't get into why but I do encourage you to ask God questions and have Him show you the answers in the Word of God. I do pray for your tortured soul to become a free soul in Christ Jesus. PM me anytime! :-) God truly loves you and cares about you and wants you to know Him and His Love. It truly is about His Amazing Love!
    take care :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• In leviticus, Aaron repented.
    ..He renewed himself . Its simply describing back then , how Aaron repented and renewed himself.

Hope you dont mind me praying as well :)

Its amazing the peace God gives us in the mist of the never ending storm!

Exodus 33:14
    The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

HUGS!!!!! sorry for your loss.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sorry for your loss. The previous posts pretty much say what I would say. I do want to let you know I understand where you're at. I once practiced wicca and witchcraft and it wasn't until I turned back to God and let Him back in my life that I found peace and so many other things I was searching for.

I will be praying for you that you will find peace in Him and no longer be a "torturedsoul".
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you get down on your knees with a sincere heart and a contrite spirit and pray to Heavenly Father, He will prove his existence to you. He may not appear to you, you may not hear the angels singing, but you will know. It may take time, you may have to pray everyday for an answer, but WILL come. He is real. There is peace in His Gospel. I testify of this.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I testify also!
    One can sit and try to explain the realness , but words arent even enough. To be able to start over, and truly be a new creation through Christ is amazing! Ive felt Nothing but Good , love and comfort, coming from where i was before, nothing compares! nothing :)
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009