Very Sore Boob?

I have looked up all the signs of mastisis and I still don't know if I have it or not. My right breast is swollen up twice as large as my left and no matter how much I breastfeed or pump it just swells right back up again within 30 minutes. I don't have a red spot or red lump or anything, but my boob does have a purple-ish color to it almost like bruising, so I'm not sure if it's possibly the same thing or not? I haven't experienced any flu-like symptoms though, only cramping, and I assumed at first that was just my uterus contracting back down to size, but now I'm not so sure...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Health

• I had mastsis as soon as my milk came in. I hurt soooo bad. The nurses filled a rubber glove with water and froze it and used that as an ice pack. as the ice melted, the glove formed to my boobs. I didn't breastfeed due to the fact that the doc couldn't guarantee that the infection wouldn't pass on to my son. Hot water from the shower also helped. It went away within a few days to a week,about as long as it took for my milk to dry up. Call the doctor and get in for a checkup.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2009