Has anyone ever donated plasma?

How do they take it? Is it painful? How much did you get?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's usually a different amount every time (money). They take it just like they do when you go to donate blood. My husband used to go a long time ago and he has a high pain tolerance so I can't tell you if it hurts. I don't like needles so I won't go, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• http://www.donatingplasma.org/
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 10:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i used to work @ a plasma donation center and we had alot of regulars (mostly drug addicts) it shouldn't hurt anymore than donating blood. all they do is take your blood & a machine separates the plasma from the rest of the blood, then the rest is put back into your body. it takes a couple of hours & snacks are usually provided if you feel weak
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I dnate plasma just for extra money for vacations and stuff and they pay $75 a week if you go twice that week. The needle is a little bigger than usual and they prick your finger, check blood pressure, weight, protein levels and all that stuff everythime you go. Once I am in the chair it takes about 45 minutes and then they give you saline afterwards to rehydrate you. They also put the money on a visa card everytime you leave. I actually like going.
    Anonymous

• I did it 2 times, I went the first time and got 35 dollars then to get the rest of your money you had to come back and do it a second time, and I got 20dollars for that one. I hated it, I felt so nasty the whole time I was in the building because their was a bunch of nasty drug addicts in there, but hey my husband was outta work and my baby needed diapers so you do what you have to do. I will never do it again unless I am put in the same situation as I was last time when my children need something.
    Anonymous