How do you SAHM get motivated?

I feel like I have NO energy to do things around the house such as laundry,cleaning etc. What do you do to get motivated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Damn....I was gonna ask you the same thing,lol.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Take a shower and get dressed for the day. I have more motivation to get things done when I'm NOT wearing PJ's, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I like to listen to some music with a good beat.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I usually make the beds, do laundry, clean, etc..first thing in the mornng. That way when I'm done, I have the whole day to myself and can be lazy. I also, have dinner made when my hubby gets home at 5. I feel that being a SAHM is a privledge for me. So, I don't want my DH to think I don't do anything all day. He'd make me go back to work!
    Turn on the music. Dance as you clean. It feels good to have a clean house.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i agree the music and the shower. i also light a candle in the am and by 9am i can smell it so in my head my house smells nice so it needs to look nice and i start small, cleaning counters cleaning stove and just keeps going from there. but there are days i dont want to move lol. just start small and work your way up.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Make a list of tasks... start small and build as your tolerance builds. Also getting outside for atleast a short walk always seems to boost my energy... I honestly don't feel like it's a laziness factor... it's just that being cut off from society (if you are used to working & being social) is a very tough adjustment...as is not getting sleep & having a million little "to do's" before things like laundry! Oh - I also fold while watching TV!
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 10:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• couldnt agree more mamaada..(:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• All of the above, I also work on something for about 15 minutes and usually, most of what I need done is done or almost and by then I'm in the mood to finish....I really just have to make myself just do it when I don't feel like it. Just think, you'll feel much better when its done!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 10:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I get everything done as soon as I wake up. I make my bed, make my son's bed as I pass his room, come downstairs, grab any dirty clothes that the teens and hubby may have left while they got ready for work/school, head to the bathroom, get dressed, take the laundry basket with me, come back in to the living room, let the 1st dog out, take the laundry downstairs & start it, let the dog in and next dog out, do the breakfast dishes, let the dog in and the 3rd out, dust and wipe off the tables let the dog in and 4th dog out, make my tea, feed the guinea pigs and make my son's bed since the guinea pigs are in his room, let the dog in, shut the back door, make my tea and I am done for the day for the most part. It's easier for me to just do it right away. During the day I fold/put the laundry away, sweep, put the dishes away, etc. but the bulk of the work is done within the first 20 min. of me waking up. It works best for me.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If I wait too long...it just doesn't get done.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2009