moody baby ...or more?

My DD is almost 6 months old. She has been waking up alot more at night then normal and when she crys it is sometimes the sad painful cry. I do not know if she is just sad or if she is sick... She isn't congested or anything. Should I take her to the DR...b/c she is "moody" and hard to calm down? Could she be sick and I not know it? Or maybe teething.. ?

amber325

Asked by amber325 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can call but I doubt the doc would want to see her for moodiness. If she doesn't have a fever, isn't congested, she probably isn't sick, just teething or maybe a reaction to her 6m growth spurt. She could also be working on a milestone (army crawling? rolling over?) when my girls go through these they get severely ticked off when they wake up and I find out they're up practicing and getting frustrated. Anything and everything can make a baby moody.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• also she seems to sound horse, i guess from crying more?
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Hmm... could be. It definitely wouldn't hurt to put in a call to the nurse at least... if nothing else to ease your concerns.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• maybe she's teething?
    staci1103

Answer by staci1103 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• it's most likely teething
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2009