What would you think??

I love to go to plays and musicals. I also like to go to professional sporting events. I like Football. Anyway, when I take my DH he usually falls asleep. Then snores!! This is very embarrassing. Who falls asleep in a loud stadium? I can't enjoy the musical because he starts to snore. He never did this when we dated.

Could he have a sleeping disorder or do you think he just does not care? I mean I could never fall asleep on someone like that in public. It hurts my feelings because I am trying to spend quality time with him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Is he on some kind of medication?

I don't think he does it on purpose because he would not go with you if he didn't care.

He is trying to make you happy by going but something is making him sleepy or maybe it is not his thing anymore (just alittle bit) I guess he thinks as long as he is there next to you that is all that matters atleast in his mind. You need to let him know what you are feeling. Things and people change maybe he is going through the changes. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My finace could fall asleep at those places of he was not interested in them, and
    he does have a sleeping problem..
    I would think that your DH is just not into what is happening around him..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• The honeymoon is definitely over..Stop bring him with you. It sound like he is not interested in your activities. Find a friend that likes to do these things.

Answer by louise2 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Have his blood sugars checked. He could be at risk for type 2 diabetes with falling asleep like that just anywhere - his sugars could be too high. Or he may need to be checked for sleep apnea. Has he had a physical recently?

My dad used to fall asleep on us places, too. Hospital waiting room before my surgery 15 years ago, my high school orientation in the auditorium and I was so embarrassed. I learned to laugh about it though, we all did. He was just truly tired and he worked a LOT (was in construction) so we just dealt with it, not a huge deal.

If it bothers you, talk to him and see if he'll get a blood test to rule out any health causes.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I was going to suggest blood sugars too. My husband has type 2 too and he was known for falling asleep everywhere, and it didn't concern him too much till he fell asleep driving, his crew got to where they were afraid to ride with him.
    If he's gained a lot of weight it could cause that to happen too and of course working really hard and not getting much rest. Does he do that at home too or just at those events? If he does it at home while sitting in the recliner or at the kitchen table (mine did it nearly every time he sat down at home, and it progressively got worse over the years till the driving incident and he found out what it was).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yeah that would be embarrassing..lol I remember when I went to see the master and the commander with my cousin and hubby. It was a packed theater, and right in the middle of it this loud movie a slightly obese gentleman started snoring...louder than the movie!!
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2009