Why is she acting like she's my girlfriend?!?

I was friends with a coworker, we'll call her Angie, we would carpool together and things were fine and dandy. Then there was a misunderstanding between us and another coworker. Angie was really upset with this woman but it really was not a big deal. I got over it quick enough, I knew this woman didn't do anything to hurt us intentionally so i let it go. Well ever since then Angie won't talk to any of us! She sulks around the office like a wounded child. I kept tryin to talk to her and we would invite her to lunch with us but she would refuse. When I talk to her she gives me 1 word answers or just shrugs her shoulders. Now I'm done, she's actin like a child so I'm not goin to try anymore. When I was talkin to my friend about it she said she's actin like she's my girlfriend! And she's almost 40 years old, you'd think she could be a grownup about this. Anybody else deal with this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some people never mature. Who has time in their life for people like this? Shrug it off and forget about her. Let her sulk!
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 10:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• shes sounds like a really needy friend whos probably jealous & immature.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes.. Its crazy how grown women act anymore.. You cant have that bff you had in k-6 grade.. that the kind of friendship my sister and i have, if we try to venter out the the "girlfriend" you just said comes out in them... Women we cant shoot them but we cant stand the eather.. LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You are right by deciding not to try to talk to her for now only because she loves the attention just avoid her when you can but don't completely ignore her. Just don't talk to her like you guys used to.
    She will come around. You are correct about her acting childish maybe she is and never learned how to handle this kind of situation. Maybe in her mind you are her best friend and she is giving you the cold shoulder. Just treat her equal and you move on. Things will work out. Some people grow up and some don't. Just give it time, continue to be her friend but at the sametime let her know you are not going to put up with this childish behavior. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Do what you already are. There is not much else you can do, stop trying.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2009