Is anyone trying to BUY a house?

My dh and i have been looking to buy since sept. We have been through a couple realtors. Recently our relator got a new job (does real estate on the side) and has no time for us anymore, so she droped us. Every house we have put in an offer on, someone else has put in an offer higher than ours, or an investor will come along and pay for the house in cash! We are getting SO frusterated and I feel like we're never going to find a house. Now dh is saying if we dont hurry up and buy a house we're going to miss out on all the good deals. Now we cant even agree on a house that we BOTH like. Has this happened to you ? I feel so lost on what to do, i feel like giving up. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, BE PATIENT!!
    A house that you BOTH LOVE will come up. The good deals will last for a while so don't stress over that.
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We looked at atleast 25 houses and it took 6 months to find the perfect house. I'm so glad we took our time to look and negotiate prices. We paid way less than what our house is worth, because our realtor was our uncle who knew the seller. Anyways, take your time. And be picky. This is the home, you plan to live in and raise kids in. Plus, it's your money! You'll get some unaccepted bids but keep trying.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We desided to skip all the house hunting(looking at older houses) and buy a new house in a new neighborhood, in our city. We got to pick out everthing about the house inside and out. I just hope it all looks good together. It was a lot easier. Didn't have to worry about other people out biding us.

Answer by louise2 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Forgot something..The house will be finished in July.

Answer by louise2 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We were just going to put an offer in on a house yesterday, but the others were offering higher. It does feel hopeless sometimes, but don't give up!

I choose to believe that the reason we didn't get the two houses we've wanted to put offers on is because there is something much better for us waiting around the corner.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Dont give up if buying a house is really what you want to do. When I first bought my first house I swear it was the WORST experience in my life!!! I did eventually fine the house I was looking for. However it took alot of months and patients. I was outbid on many houses and just like you investers paid cash on alot of the other ones that i wanted. Its hard but you will both find what you want and need. Best of luck to you!!
    tripletmomntwo

Answer by tripletmomntwo at 11:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We put a contract on a house sunday actually. It was the weirdest thing how it came about too...we put in an offer on friday and the seller countered on saturday, but the counter was way too high so we lost hope. The selling realtor let it slip that a bid was coming in that night at 6 pm as well, so if we didn't counter before then, we might lose the house. We gave up and kept looking. Sunday I still had that house stuck in my heart and couldn't give up, so we had the realtor call to check what happened with the other bid. The person offered more than we did, but for some reason the seller rejected the offer instead of countering. We decided it might be a sign it was the right house so we decided to counter to see what the seller would do. He immediately accepted. We close on our dream home in a few weeks! When it is right, things will fall into place.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2009