Holtel tips for toddlers? (Anyone in Arlington would be especially helpful, but would appreciate help from all!!)

I have a few questions actually. My husband is a teacher, and was asked to do a 3 day conference in Arlington, TX and the kids and I were invited to stay in the hotel room with him. Of course, we are not invited to the conference but we thought it was only 6 hours a day, no huge deal, so we agreed. Now he's learning that the conferences and activites for the students go from 8AM until 10PM! What on earth am I going to do with two little ones for 3 days straight in a hotel? Does anyone have any ideas? This place does have a heated indoor pool, but my kids can't swim yet- is there any way to make that safe with only me to help them? Better yet- if there is anyone from Arlington who can clue me in on things the kids can do in that area (around the Crown Plaza?)

Many thanks!

HarleyQ

Asked by HarleyQ at 10:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Travel

• go to www.arlington.org It will tell you what's nearby. Have fun.
    michelle1219

Answer by michelle1219 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well depending on the ages of the kids you still enjoy a nice day at the pool. Just stay in the shallows..and take some floaties/lifevests. Have you tried googling the chamber of commerce? I did that when I took my family with me to an IRR muster I had in AL. Found all sorts of stuff for kids to do. My husband had a fun time keeping them occupied for the 5 hours I was at my meeting. You could take them to the mall in the area and just let them see new scenery. You could also meet your hubby for lunch (if he isnt stuck in the conference even during lunch times). We even just drove around admiring the lanscapes, and even drove to birmingham to see things there. You gota do your research, but alot of the hotels have brochures for attractions in the area...well most of them do..lol Good luck and hope ya'll have fun!
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would def. get those swim suits with built in life jackets, or just get life jackets and swim. dallas has a nice zoo. Will you have a car? I know Dart goes alot of places you could look at the schedule.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• ******Guess I should have specified!! My kiddos are almost 3 and 19 months. And I will have a car. My daughter is pretty good at swimming with the lifesaver swimsuit, but my son is a maniac in the water!! Thanks for the advice so far, I'm checking up on the chamber of commerce now******
    HarleyQ

Answer by HarleyQ at 12:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009