Should I move to another country if it would mean that going to school would be free?

I currently work in a place that helps me provide for me and my son. But now I am getting bored with it because I definitely want more. I want to go back to school, but it is just expensive. Should I go back to the Philippines and study? What about my bills? It all sounds so exciting but I feel like I just don't want to act impulsivly and not have a plan, not think things through. I am not sure what to do. Some big part of me wants to just say, fine let's do it..but I am really scared and feel like I have my head above the clouds and not really thinking or being really grounded right now? And by the way, this is the second time, this option has been brought up to me? I also worry about what my son's father would say. I asked him before and he was supportive of the idea of me going to school abroad if it would mean a better life for me and my son..I don't know, what should I do?

Lazarat

Asked by Lazarat at 10:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Would you take your son with you? who would watch him? would your family be by you there?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There are alot of questions you haven't answered. Would you have to determine residency? How long does that take? How would you provide for yourself there, even if education is covered? It seems to me that that job prosects must be pretty slim there if we have so many Filipino professionals working in this country. Can you take a course at a time and still work your present job? What about community college on line? Does this move mean your son wouldn't see his father? Could you work towards greater responsiblity in your present job (thus eliminating or reducing "boredom") ?
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 2:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009