WOULD YOU PROSTITUTE YOURSELF TO FEED YOUR CHILDREN IF THERE WAS NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE?

THIS IS AN ONGOING DISCUSSION I HAVE WITH HUBBY. I AM CUBAN BORN, NOW I LEFT THE ISLAND VERY YOUNG AND HAVE NOT LIVED THERE IN OVER 50 YEARS, BUT THE SITUATION THERE IS DEPLORABLE. PEOPLE DO NOT WORK BECAUSE IF THEY DO THEY DON'T GET PAID ENOUGH TO EAT, SO WOMEN GO OUT AND SELL THEMSELVES TO TOURIST IN ORDER TO FEED THEIR CHILDREN AND EAT. I TELL HUBBY IF NEEDED BE I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY DONE THE SAME FOR MY CHILDREN'S SAKE AND HE GETS UPSET AT ME, WHAT WOULD YOU DO??IF YOUR ONLY ALTERNATIVE WAS BECOMING A PROSTITUTE SO YOUR KIDS COULD AT LEAST EAT AND SURVIVE.

Asked by older at 10:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • If that was the ONLY ONLY ONLY alternative then yes. But ONLY if I couldnt get assistance or at least be a dancer or something. It would have to be the only way I would be able to provide for my family, and I know I would look everywhere else before
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think i'd try stripping first!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If there was NOTHING else I could do, then yes I would. But I would look for anything else first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• ANON, STRIPPING OR ANY OTHER JOB IN CUBA DOES NOT PAY ENOUGH FOR ANYTHING, SALARIES RANGE FROM 5 TO 10 DOLLARS A MONTH IN ANY JOB. LIFE IN CUBA IS PURE HELL, THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN FIND FOOD IS IF YOU OWN DOLLARS AND IF THEY ARE LUCKY TO FIND SOMETHING TO EAT, IT COSTS AND ARM AND A LEG IN DOLLARS.

Answer by older at 10:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• When I was married I felt like I was doing exactly that, prostituting myself to my husband for the sake of the children and their welfare. So I divorced him to regain my dignity. Funny how it's not really called prostitution when you are married to the person but it still felt like it was just that.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No, I couldn't do that no matter what the situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes, I'd do anything before I'd watch my kids starve.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We have also had this conversation and yes if it was the ONLY option to feed my child I would be a prostitute.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My kids come first. I would do whatever it took to make sure they were feed and clothed.
    countrycowgirlz

Answer by countrycowgirlz at 11:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If it was 100 percent the ONLY option, I would do it. I would hate my self for it, but would do it.

Thankfully, in this country, that is generally not the only option available...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009