Back pain (additional info) PLEASE HELP!

So I have been having back pain all morning, and now it is almost UNBEARABLE! I dont know if its something serious or if its just normal during pregnancy...I read to do "cat stretches" and got on my floor in my office and did those, and it didnt help. Its almost like REALLLY bad period cramps in my back. A constant, dull, throbbing on my lower left hand side. Is this something serious? Sign of miscarriage or preterm labor?! Im so confused, Im 13 weeks BTW, and everything has been perfect up unto this point!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds to me as if your Sciatic nerve is getting the best of you, does it start n your back and shoot down your leg? What type of body do you have? Are you starting to show yet?
    momof4520

Answer by momof4520 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It doesn't shoot down my leg at all =(

I am tiny! 5' 4ish and no more than 120 pounds right now!

You can barely see anything and ive contributed it to bloating!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Pain in pregnancy is almost guaranteed. your body is stretching and doing all sorts of crazy things to get ready for childbirth. most likely what your experiencing is normal, i had the same kind of pain. but it is always a good idea to get it checked out just to make sure. the saying better safe than sorry is so true especially when it comes to creating a new life and the care of you children.

Sheenalynne

Answer by Sheenalynne at 11:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Okay the joys of pregnancy is EVERYTHING IN THAT REGION at some point will hurt, I had severe back pain from 8 weeks until I was 15 it's just your bodies response to being pregnant, bring it up with your Dr or even the NP but they will more than likely tell you warm baths, cold compress and just relax. But better safe than sorry to ask. Does not sound like a frequent miscarriage symptom just get ready for changes in your body that you will hate. As soon as that little body of yours stars stretching you will have round ligament pains, which are pains that feel like cramps whenever you move. Or your ankles and feet will start to throb around 25-30 weeks. Try not to stress over every pain but always bring it up with them. Hope this helps!!
    momof4520

Answer by momof4520 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2009