What do YOU think makes a good parent?

describe what you think a good parent is or what makes YOU a good parent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Someone who puts the needs of the child over their own. They would never put the interests of a person they are hooking up with over their child. They get to know someone and love them before having a child. They make sure they are not bed hopping and having multiple children with multiple people. They make sure they can financially support the child and give the child the life they deserve. They feed the child healthy and nutritious meals always and will cut out all luxuries to do that if they have to. They make sure to be involved in their childs education and don't whine the schools are not doing enough they are proactive. They speak in an intelligent way so their kids don't grow up speaking in an ingnorant manner cursing every other word. They teach their child they are responsible for their own lives and choices. They teach a good work ethic and to not expect others to take care of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• in addition;i agree with everything you said but let me add a few.teach your kids to love to be niceto others.to be sympathetic.and to respect nature and themselves...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• They feed them, cloths them. They put a roof over there heads. They love them..They teach them how to be an adult.( that's what parents are for).they Protect them.
    If parents do all this,,they are good parents in my book.

Answer by louise2 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with the anon 11:05 I also would like to add that a good parent never gives up on trying their best to be a good parent. I know it sometimes can be very hard and can get to be a huge struggle at times but as long as you work through it and never give up than I beleive you to be trying your best and that makes you a good parent also!
    tripletmomntwo

Answer by tripletmomntwo at 11:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• They lead by example.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Parents who truly love their children will always do what is best for the child in all aspects, love discipline, food, shelter, teaching compassion, and respect. It took me 30 years to realize that my mother not being in my life was actually what was best for me because had I been raised by her, I probably would be someone completely different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with Louise2. Also teach them right from wrong. I try my best. I'm not perfect. As long as they have the necessities in life, that's fine. They don't need to be spoiled with toys whenever they want either. Sometimes I feel I try to hard. My older son is 11 and defies me a lot. I can't take it. I warn him about bad things. I mean you raise your kids to a certain level and if they turn out screwed up, is it our faults? I don't think so if you tried to teach them the best you can. When they reach a certain age, they're on their own.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Love thy child with all your might and diciplin them before it is too late. They want to be diciplined. Tell them every day how much you love and care about them..they need to hear it out loud.
    To a child love is spelled T-I-M-E. It is not about the material things, do not buy their love. Teach them to earn the things they want too. You are not their slave as a parent, they need responsibility around the house too. Food, shelter and clothing of course. Good food, no junk, no soda etc. Teach them to eat healthy. Be a good listener, show you re interested in what they like too. Spend the time and evern though you tell them over and over the same thing, it does rub off. Do not take your frustrations out on them. Put yourself in their shoes and how would you feel. Think about what you are about to say to them how you would want it said to you. Amen
    Heartprints143

Answer by Heartprints143 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2009