im gonna cry..someone please help

So lastnight i went into labor...my cervix was dialating quickly and doctors said i would have the baby by this morning...

well...everything stopped...no more contractions...no NOTHING...but now my cervix is stuck open and baby is still not really active...

i been laying down all morning crying because i was soooo excited to finally meet my little girl! (im a first time mommy)

anything i can do to get things going again? (no sex..i dont want sex lol)

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 11:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Walking
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Walk, a lot. Take a warm bath and relax. It is completely normal to have labor stop and start. Especially if you went to the hospital. (Hospitals are not comfort zones, so it's easy for your body to realize they are not in a place of comfort and shut down, even if you don't think like that).

Get your mind off it, and get some sleep and eat. You definitely need your energy and you need try and relax your body. I definitely suggest taking a bath! Your contractions will start back up, your body just needs to be ready! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• walk alot....get up on your feet and move around walking brings on labor
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• clean your house,walk, anything to get moving she will come soon!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• what were you doing when you went into labor. maybe that will trigger it. I wish you luck
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• walk and calm down... eat something because you might not be able to once you get going again... Good Luck, everything will be fine!
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 11:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• First try to relax tensing up and stressing out is hard on both of you, try taking a walk this morning if its nice out, or go take a bath just try to relax thats the best thing that I know. walking is really good too the made me do that in the hospital silly gown IV and all walking around the maternity ward. I hope this helps good luck
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 11:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yesterday i was drinking Tea and had never ending contractions..they were all 2 minutes apart i posted it on here yesterday and some moms said "nope not labor false alarm" but i was in labor..

my vagina feels kinda...uhmm "swollen" i dont know a good term to describe the feeling but it feels HUGE...

but im definitly gonna do everything i did yesterday, Clean, Walk, Drink Tea, Get angry my cat =P
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• things are moving a long. just because labor stops doesn't mean it's false labor. many women experience stalls in active labor, especially if they travel to a hospital. (not biased here, just an observation).

Your body is doing everything right. I strongly recommend a nice warm bath too. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Nipple stimulation if you have a breast pump try to pump milk. Walking and pelvic stretches are great because they cause the baby to drop and get your contractions started. Since you don't want sex you can try some EXCUSE THE TMI outer orgasms hint hint those contractions are easy to come by because most woman don't have to do much and you don't need a man for them. Hope this helps!
    momof4520

Answer by momof4520 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2009