Would You Shave Your Head....?

..to help a kid with cancer? There's a rally next week near where I live that one can go to and donate or shave one's head to raise money for kids with cancer. I was thinking about it, would I really be able to shave MY head, even to help a kid? What about you? Would you do it if you had the chance? Why or why not?

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 11:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I just couldn't do it. I would donate all the money I possible could but I would not shave my head. Now, if it were my child, of course I would. Sorry, I just couldn't shave my head for anyone other than my son.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If it was someone I personally knew, my own son, or a kid whose story just broke my heart I would either consider giving them a large portion of it or shaving it completely off. Honestly. I could wear a wig or something.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i would, i used to be into the whole punk rock look and ive shaved my head before so its not a big deal for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I know that eventually with my hair loss, I am going to have to shave my head and don a wig. I am scared that it will come to that a lot quicker than I ready for. No, I do not think that I could shave my head and donate all of my hair like that though...I am having a hard enough time accepting that at age 27 I have alopecia areata and all of my hair is falling out.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, Id consider it...especially if I knew someone personally.
    However, Id discuss it with my hubby first.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would do it for my own son but I couldn't for others.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Anonymous 10:16--have you been diagnosed with AA? There are things that can help with that. I had it as well, mananged to re-grow the hair with the help of ditching the lauryl sulfates and using a keratinogenic growth compound. Maybe that's why I have trouble seeing myself deliberately choosing to be bald, even for a great cause.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Absolutely I would. How can I find out if there is such an event near me? I live in CT.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I do not think shaving my head would really help.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No. I would donate the amount of money my hair could bring in to help cancer patients. I would do it anonymously and without fan fair.
    Anonymous