School Clothes

Do you let your child dress themselves even if it doesn't match? Like striped tights and polka dot skirt? for preschool, K, 1st and 2nd?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would. they are just trying to wear what they feel good in, and if they are comfortable and happy in it then yes. especially when they are so proud that they picked out their own clothes that face is just too cute, when they come funning up mommy look. . . . ya know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes I would if it meant a battle. Meaning, if DD was going to fight me over what she was going to wear, I would let her wear what she wanted (as long as it was weather appropriate!) However, on big days like the first day of school, picture days, etc I would insist on dressing her.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If they were allowed to yes they are just expressing their own style. At my children's current school they have a strict standardized dress code.
    Here's the district page to explain.. i sometimes think uniforms with 3-4 color options would be easier.
    http://www.beevilleisd.net/dresscode/Final%20Dress%20Code%200809.pdf

At their previous school they loved being able to wear sponge bob and transformer t shirts Ect,
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 12:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Im only asking because their are both at my dd's school. Sometimes she looks like punky brewster with a skirt and tights with stripes andt ennis shoes for p.e. and it kills my mom... she hates it and thinks I should dress her up with big bows in her hair all the time. I do make her wear certain things for church or weddings and holidays...but to me is just school. She does her own hair with a scrunchie too close to the front and its cute. I usually take a pic and let her go...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yeah I let them chose what they want to wear. They've got to learn at some point.
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 8:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2009