What if the conception date doesn't match the due date?

I know due date is based off your last period (which was 11/26). But I had a blood test done 12/23 and it came back negative (and it's sensitive to 3 days pregnant +), and on 12/29 I did a piss test that came back positive. My pregnancy calenders online say 17 weeks but counting from conception date it's only 13. Which do I go by? I'm really confused and it's hard to figure out if the changes I feel/am going thru are normal or not.

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 11:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The online pregancy calendars are counting from your LMP, not from conception. The 40 week mark that is when you are due is also 40 weeks from your LMP, not 40 weeks from conception. Either way it is an estimate and it's considered normal to deliver 2 weeks before or after your due date. Don't get too hung up on the dates. They are all estimates.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• how do you know when you concieved. Remember, it takes 10-14 days for the egg to implant so you wont get a positive test just because the egg was fertilized, it's only after implantation occurs that you can get a positive test.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Even with all the modern technology, it's really just a rough estimate. I would see a doctor if I were you.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Either way the doctors probably going to give you their own due date. and the baby comes when it comes. My first was due 8-6 and came 7-28, my 2nd due april 6 and came on the 19 and my last due sept 18 and came the 10th. So in the long run it doesn't matter. 2 weeks give or take.
    Anonymous