When you and your hubby sleep do you guys use something to help get to sleep?

Sometimes we take an Ambien and a fan and the ceiling fan along with that machine that makes sounds we listen to thunder and rain.

That is what helps us to fall asleep, we only use the ambien when we are too wired up...lol

What helps for you guys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Health

• Melatonin. Works just like Ambien, is cheaper, and you don't need a script.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• we take tylenol pm or advil pm or unisom
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I took ambien,and drove my car in the night,and hit a pole,and did'nt remember it,I ate through the night,so I was switched to lunesta,Where do you buy this Melatonin? I would like to try it and quit taking the lunesta.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I'll use tylenol pm. Just one, two make me groggy the next day.
    lalli_lalli

Answer by lalli_lalli at 11:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Tylenol's Just Sleep.
    Anonymous

• Deep Breathing helps to relax you for sleep. Hold for 8 seconds and exhale through your mouth. Do at least three of them...you're not sleeping because your mind is filled. Try to clear your mind of all thoughts, lie still and relax. Hope this helps. The breathing works wonders.
    Heartprints143

Answer by Heartprints143 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Please try to stay away from ANY medication to sleep. If you need help go to a health food store and get something NATURAL a Relaxer. You do not need meds to sleep. You are not helping your health by taking meds and many are addictive. To your health and your sleep
    Heartprints143

Answer by Heartprints143 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• health food stores sell melatonin we also use a fan
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I use a fan also.stick to a sleep schedule whenever possible.a change in sleep patterns can screw you up.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I take ambien, but my husband doesnt. He doesnt need it. Two minutes in the bed and hes out!...LOL...Not me. I have had trouble falling asleep for years. My chiro suggested melatonin but I havent tried it yet, but I am going to. I do like to hear white noise too. I can't afford to NOT sleep so if I have to take meds, I will. Doesnt bother me a bit.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009