Hypothyroidism... ?

I went to the docs yesterday & they told me me thyroid hormone levels are very very low. They put me on Levoxyl.. Just wondering if anyone has the same thing, & how medication has helped them.

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 11:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Health

• Hi, Go to your health food store and get iodine pills instead of your prescription. Also go to www.earthclinic.com for natural remedies..very helpful. Remember doctors get commission the more prescriptions they write. See if you can find a homeopathic doctor. Also subscribe to www.drmercola.com very helpful for your health. Thyroid problems are a result of lack of iodine in your diet. I was prescribed meds for my thyroid and the meds were recalled. I went back for a test and I tested normal. I do not take ANY prescription drugs. Remember doctors take no nutrition courses to become a Doctor. Good luck, Good health.
    Heartprints143

Answer by Heartprints143 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with the first post but homeo's are very expensive. Its not likely that most averaged incomed people without insrance will be able to afford one. The iodine is a good place to start and then usually if that doesnt work, they prescribe Armour. Its a natural thyroid supplement. I have had symptoms of hypo for about a year and I did try the synthroid. It did nothing for me and my numbers are all normal. Its my symptoms I cant get under control. The homeopathic doc charges $195 just to see him. The meds will take awhile to get into your system so don't give up.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009