UPDATE: My sons GF is pregnant the are only 16 what do I do?

Well the GF did tell her parents by herself her mother took her on Monday to the ER to verify well she is 6wks and due on my dd b-day nov 11. They came over to our home last night to have a meeting. They are just as disappointed as we are but just as supportive. We informed our kids of all the options they have along with consequences that go along with them. They have decided they are going to be parents to this baby. We also have informed them they have no choice but to graduate and go on to further their education. Their time of being kids is over and are now adults which means they have to start acting as such when it comes to their decisions and actions. We let them know we will be here to support them have unconditional love for them and be here to answer all thier ? we also explained all the things we expect from them and that open and honest communication is going to be a big deal from now on. I want to thank you all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I know you are disappointed. But good for you for being a loving and supportive parent. If it weren't for the love and support of our parents my husband and I would not be as successful as we are today. i was 17 and my BF, now husband was 19. We finished college, I stay home now (our son is almost 9), and my husband brings in 6 figures. It's no cakewalk, but it's totally doable. I'm not praising what they have done by any means, it was a stupid thing, but as long as they have the will, they will get by.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I am glad the girls mom is also going to be supportive. Hopefully the kids will fall into their new rols as parents with ease. Go to school, get jobs, not have to go onto the system to have tyhier baby hopefully the girl and baby will be covered under her parents insurance so we dont have to foot the bill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• OK, so apparently, when you click on the words beside the anon box it checks the box for you. I'm the 1st anon, didn't mean to click it. I was trying to submit my comment and my 2 year old daughter hit my hand. Sorry about that. Anyway, many insurance policies cover a pregnant child. My dad's covered me then. When our son was born, we got him a private policy thru Blue Cross and Blue Shield until my husband graduated from college and got a real job, which has great insurance. Good Luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• That's great that all parents are on board and supportive- it will still be a hard road but having that support is really going to make it easier on your son and his GF.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I'm so happy you are supporting them :) that's what they need right now, that and advice. Its understanding to be disapointed, he is stil your baby in you eyes. I am not looking foward to my daughter being a teenager... I heard your kids are ten times as worse as you were..lol I hope it isn't true for my baby!
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 6:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My hat goes off to you... I couldn't do the same. I'd breakdown, and I'd want to run away from it all.
    I admire families that are accepting of such situations and make the best of them. Sounds like you are off to a good start.
    Good luck!
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 8:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have a 17 year old son and fear to hear that news. BUT, I would be supportive and would do what I could to make sure he was a good parent. I wish your family the best of luck. And good you parents for being supportive- they're going to need it.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Sounds like you are all on board. If you expect them to go on to college then your going to have to do more than what a normal grandma does and so is the other mom. After highschool, if they don't want to go to college, then you really have no say so keep that in mind. Once they start working, they might not be able to. Don't get unrealistic expectations of teenagers or you will be sorely disappointed. Good luck to all of you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i know its hard to accept, but you will make it. so will they. my son was 19 his girlfirend 15. that was 3 yrs. ago. now i have twin granddaughters along with their sister. i'm the one who had to tell everyone. HER PARENTS INCLUDED. it was also the first time we met them. just be strong.god bless!
    mimiwendy

Answer by mimiwendy at 2:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Do you have child health plus in your state? That will cover the baby when its born, based on income you may pay very little for it. Get the mom on WIC contact your local county office, she will get milk, eggs, cheese, peanut butter so she can eat healthy and its not all on her parents, and when the baby is born she can get formula and cereal. They also give farmers markets vouchers here in ny for fresh fruits and veggies. Let them know this is their baby they think they are old enough to be parents you will not be getting up every night with the baby or babysitting so they can go out. Good luck to them, grown people with an education and experience cant even get jobs right now, I would not want to be a young family these days.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 2:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009