9 month old and video games?

my SO is a huge gamer. he plays video games alot, one in particular halo 3. its not the most violent one out there but its up there. not alot of blood but you do aim to kill people and blow up things. my dd loves to watch i just think cause theres so much going on its keeps her attition. is it bad for her to watch?

sarrrr13

Asked by sarrrr13 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldnt have my 11 month old sitting there watching it thats for sure. Although he really isnt interested in tv or video games. I would rather her be watching something else to keep her attention I mean they are already going to be exposed to to much blood shed and violence when they are older if they watch tv or play video games.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have a 9 month old and wouldn't let her watch video games. Didn't you know too much video games can cause seizures in some children? Entertain her other ways.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We are just now letting our 5 yr old watch and play video games and only on the WII which she gets really physical about. While our 11 mo old is in the room while we play, we all take turns playing with him and he really doesn't watch the tv too much
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't let my baby sit there and watch that. At that age their brain is developing so much. Talk about a canidaite for ADHD.
    Anonymous

• I think its strange that she will sit and watch the TV at all. I can't imagine my daughter sitting still just to watch the TV. I don't think that her watching the game is wrong, but the fact that she will sit and watch anything on the TV might concern me. Maybe ask her doctor?
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is bad for her to watch. Plus, if you haven't already, you need to talk to your SO about how he can continue to play these kinds of games without your baby watching.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• she wont sit there and watch it for hours, everyones making her sound like some freak baby because shes amused by color and people moving on the tv. she will sit there and watch it for like 7 minutes tops. i just wanted to know if it was going to effect her in the future and make her violent or something.
    sarrrr13

Answer by sarrrr13 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My SO and I are gamers but there are very few that our 9mo old will actually watch (they don't hold his attention very well lol). Mainly turn based RPGs (such as FF1+2) where you do kill enemies, but it's not graphic.

And to Anon 12:12, my son absolutely LOVES Spongebob, the Wonder Pets, and Backyardigans. We will not let him sit in front of the tv all day or anything, but he does like to watch them occasionally. It's the bright colors, music and characters that interest him. I'm sure he would watch them more often and longer if we let him.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 7:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i say if she is entertained then let her theres no harm in it i le my 34 oh ol watch them cause she like the lights and movements
    angelmommy83338

Answer by angelmommy83338 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009