• In the Spotlight:

Are there any easy ways to get my son to go poop in the toilet?

rugratsX2

Asked by rugratsX2 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what we did with my son was give him prizes when he would poop in the toilet. We went to the dollar store and picked up like 5 or 6 little toys the first one we let him see and then we rapped the rest of the them so they would be surprises. Then we explained to him that if he went poop in the potty that he would get one of his surprises, it worked great!! We never had problems with him having accidents again.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We tell my son that if he goes potty all day he can have an Ice Cream. He's been going regularly for 2 weeks now: )
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It depends on why he won't go.
    Some don't like the splash, some feel like the poop is part of them, some are afraid to sit to poop, you need to find out WHY and then go from there.
    As a start, see if you can get him to go in a diaper or pullup while in the bathroom, maybe even sitting on the potty. Take it in small steps though and don't push too hard. Too much pressure from you can cause withholding issues and that can cause all sorts of mental and emotional problems.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• What age do you start potty training? My daughter is 16 months old. she takes of her diaper and when I ask her if she poop she says yep.
    the3kidg

Answer by the3kidg at 3:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Is your son ready to potty train? Maybe he's not quite there yet.
    BubNSoap

Answer by BubNSoap at 4:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009