Do all cats do this? I think she likes my clothes to much...

I can hear my cat coming down the hall and she sounds like she is being strangled. When I see her she has a sock/t-shirt/underwear hanging out of her mouth. She doesn't grab the kids clothes, only mine and hubby's . She does this 2 or 3 times a day and I'm not really sure why. She just grabs some article of clothing and brings it to me. She used to only do this occasionally (1 or 2 times a month), but now she is doing it all the time. Anybody have any ideas? Anybody else have a cat that does this?

CaLizzyMom

Asked by CaLizzyMom at 11:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pets

• I had a cat that did that and I talked to my vet about it. He had said that some cats do that to show that they really like you and it's their little way of doing something to try to nurture you. It's about the same thing as them bringing you dead mice or birds. They're trying to feed you then. If your concerned about it I would bring it up to your vet next time you seen him/her.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't know. But I had this one cat that took my shirt, or oh, dirty panties, and drag them into the litterbox. It was so damn funny.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My female cat goes into my sons sock drawer and takes out his socks and brings them into the hall.
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 3:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• mine don't accept my oldest cat used to bring me dead birds etc home. he is an indoor cat now. be happy she loves you so much.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• LOL my kitten loves to play with my clothes, expecially the dirty ones, she will get in the clothes basket and pull things out.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I feel better knowing she isn't the only one. She does bring us birds and rodents, too. They aren't always dead. Have y'all ever seen a bird slam into a glass door? It is sooo sad.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 8:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I'm a firm believer in cats having a sense of humor.my cat weasley does this with my son's toys.I think he's just being funny!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009