• In the Spotlight:

how do you clean a white rug?

I have a rug that is black and white. The white areas have gotten really dirty and it's making me crazy. I've tried the OTC stuff like resolve etc..
Does anyone have an idea? Thanks

teacher-mom

Asked by teacher-mom at 11:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Is it small enough that you can wash it in the washing machine? If not, you can try to call a carpet cleaning service and ask how much they charge to professionally clean a rug of that size. Or you could rent a carpet cleaner from Lowe's.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Its too big for the washing machine and too small for the carpet cleaners. They want to charge $55 to clean the rug which cost me 40! Do the rented cleaners (like rug doctor) work?
    teacher-mom

Answer by teacher-mom at 8:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't have any carpet in my house, it's all hardwood so I have never used one. But I know someone who did rent it and they liked it. They ended up just buying a carpet cleaner at Walmart since they had children and light colored carpet. I don't think they cost that much to rent so it might be worth it.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2009