Did I do the right thing?

My 7 month old has been sick with the stomach flu for over a week. Yesterday he threw up again and then this morning he got really bad diarreah and then screamed his head off because he had gas pains (mylicon took care of that). He's fine now rolling around on the floor playing. Anyway I called him off of day care AGAIN just to be safe but now my husband is mad. It's his birthday and we were going to go to lunch together but now we have to stay home and take our son back to the doctor. I understand his frustration especially because he's pretty much been the one home with him all this week and all last week but I just did what I feel was right. Should I have taken him to day care since he feels better now? Or did I do the right thing? What would you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• YOU DID THE RIGHT THING, YOUR SON COMES FIRST IN ANY SCENARIO. HUBBY WILL HAVE TO STOP POUTING AND REALIZE PRIORITIES.

Answer by older at 11:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Your husband needs to understand that your son comes first and he may be feeling better but that doesn't mean he's fully recovered yet. I think you did the right thing and tell your husband to quit being a baby for petes sake.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• son comes first hubby needs to grow up a bit.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would have kept my son home.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You did the right thing. Hubby needs a lesson in doing the grown up thing.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 12:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• your hubby needs to grow up and realize his responsiblities come first
    Anonymous

• You did the right thing... Tell him if you send them back too soon they'll get the other kids sick and then guess what... you all get to go thru it again...
    Am glad he's feeling better, hope he makes a full recovery with no repeats anytime soon :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• tell him to get over himself, you are suppose to put your son first, where is his priorty's? it's not like you can't make it up to his selfish-ass.
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 1:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• As long as he was still showing symptoms of being sick (like diarrhea and vomiting) then YES you did the best thing for both your child and the daycare.

Tell hubby to grow up. Being a parent sometimes means putting adult plans on hold for the sake of the kids.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009