the neighbor

how do you get a neighbor to pick up branches that are going down the middle of the yard.she wants them thereto show the division she wont talk to us and is watching how much we go into her yard (so stupid)should i just grow some and go and clean up the debree knowing she may get me for tresspassing?or let it go and let the yard look like a mess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Can you call the city and talk to them about it? Where I live, they will be fined for something like that so all I would have to do it report it. She sounds unreasonable. I would try to get a neutral party involved like your city services if possible.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• In our neighbor hood they can get tickets for stuff like that. Mice and stuff will want to live in the brush and cause a problem. Do you have amayor's action line? Call and get some info on who to talk to, they will send a letter and have her deal with it within so much time or she will be fined, at least thats how they deal with it here. Tellher to get a fence, that is just tacky...sorry you got to deal with it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with DDry. Get the city involved. Or do you have an association? I know in my old neighborhood we had one (and usually the neighbors were on the board) and everyone would get fined for every little thing. If you have one you can talk to them about doing something, or just call the city. I dont think you should get involved in it yourself but rather get a third party involved.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• What I would do is build a fence right on the inside of your property line - and get someone from the city to come out and show you exactly where the line is. For a long time my grandpa has had his fence up and he and his neighbor never had a problem. Well the neighbor just sold his house, and the city came out to define the property lines, and 3ft of my grandpas yard was taken away because it actually belonged to the neighbor.

And it doesnt have to be a big ugly fence, just something 3-4 feet high.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• neighbors can be pretty weird or "overprotective" of their property. but understandably so.
    it's a crazy world we live in. there's an endless list of issues that lady could have or that she even thinks you have. i used to wonder why my mom would get mad when kids would start playing in our yard.. after she told me she didnt want them to get hurt and have us be held to blame. i understood perfectly.. they have their own yards.. we dont know 'em so get off our property.. no offense intended.
    anywho.. maybe you can grow a privacy/wall/ hedge thingy.. whatever those things are called. or get a bunch of flowerpots.. large or small. or a garden? just within her "border" of branches.
    or get a fence. idk. leave her branches.. that mess can stay on her "side" you can make your side look nicer.
    OOH get a bunch of garden gnomes or animals, line them up along her border.. and face them towards her house hahaha... like "i'm watching you"
    Anonymous

• I would pick up stuff that was in my yard..I wouldn't worry about her yard. If you really can't stand the stuff in her yard. Wait tell you know she is not at home or in the middle of the night and go pick it up.Or put a fence up so you can not see her mess.

Answer by louise2 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• she has got a big 6ft fence but where it stops she just let all the sticks and debree gather up.i told my husband that i thought we had squaters rights.the line is clearly defined she left the sticks up from when she had the land plotted.and the crap is going right down the middle of the yards...can you say wacko???i called up the town hall to see if i could get rid of the plot line poles and they said no.so i dont know if she is waiting to see if i am going to do it or what???
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't go pick anything up that isn't on your property. If she is as crazy as she sounds, she might press charges on you. Just take every legal action possible like calling the city, home owner's association, etc. Is it possible to finish the fence and continue it down further?
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• let it go.. our neighbor does things to my parents yard when no ones home because i guess hes embarrassed and has nothing to do. lol its funny he thinks no ones home and he sneaks around with his rake.. he also shoves his leaves into our yard,which makes no sense since he cleans it up anyways lol
    MickeysMom19

Answer by MickeysMom19 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Messy neighbors, if your in the city you could call for assistance. but where I come from trespassing isn't tolerated messy yard or not, you could get shot. People take as much pride in their mess as they do anything else. I wouldn't go in her yard. And you know the saying "Good fences make good neighbors".
    Anonymous