FUN Vacations somewhere in Florida. Got any suggestions?

Hey. We're going on Vacation this year to Florida.. Usually we go to Daytona and maybe spend a couple of days in Orlando.. I've been every year and thats pretty much all we've done. Anyone have any other suggestions of places to go or things to do? We're taking my 8 year stepson along too, so something that would be fun for a child as well. Thanks guys!! :)

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Travel

• DISNEY!!! There are sooooo many fun parks...if you feel they are too old for DisneyWorld there is Magic Kingdom or Islands of Adventure (which has roller coasters but also has stuff for kids like a Dr Suess area I believe). My cousin said that there is also a Nickelodin studio but I dont know about that. You can get a pass to go to all the different parks. And for you and DH theres Universal which is more movie related but its still fun!
    Hope you have a good vaca =)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We've gone to Silver Springs before....it was pretty cool.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There's a hotel in Orlando where you can swim with the dolphins, and I'm dying to go there! For certain hours of the day, they are in a pool with their trainers and hotel guests can go swim with them like they would any hotel pool.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There are beautiful natural places right here in Florida. Look up natural springs in Florida. We have been to one north of Orlando, I think its called Wakkulla in Apopka something like that. It is crystal clear springs coming up from underwater caves. My 12 year ols son snorkels there. also check out Seaworlds new waterpark, Aquatica. Clear waterslide goes through dolphin tank. look for travel saver guide for hotel coupons. We get decent rooms for 50.00 around Orlando.Have fun. We do.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I live in Florida.
    Check out this web site www.FLAUSA.com

http://www.visitflorida.com/SA.com

We find all kinds of different out of the way places to go. One of my favorite places is St Augustine, I also like a place up around north florida called Ginnie Springs - we go tubing in the spring there.

http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i live outside of orlando and of course there are the theme parks but they are pricey. there are lots of natural places to go to there is a place called rocksprings and its beautiful there there is also a salvador dali musem in st petersburg. busch gardens is worth the drive i think and there is the orlando science center and there are things to do on international drive in orlando wonder works (google it) ripleys belive it or not then there is OLD TOWN in kissimmee lots of little shops a few rides some scary rides and on saturdays they have a car show with old muscle cars its fun
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 11:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009