wat to do when your baby deosnt want to eat

she wont even look at food

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• could she be sick? my dd has been doing that for a few weeks, shell eat here and there but shes not really interested. shes 18 months. i think it depends on the age, when she doesnt wanna eat i let her out of the highchair and get some healthy munchies for her. shell eat those ok just not in the highchair. dont worry too much but if it persist i would advise going to the dr.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• tell them that they won't get anything to eat until the next meal is offered. I don't put the meal in the fridge for later or anything like that. but if they say that they aren't hungry I tell them ok, and they go and play. I keep the plate in the fridge for 1 hour after the meal and then throw it out. All of my kids have gone through the not eating stage.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• When a baby is refusing food, there isn't much you can really do. I'd speak to the pediatrician and have her checked, especially if she goes more than a day. Babies dehydrate too easily, and since their main source of nutrition is also their liquid...it can happen VERY quickly!!!
    Anonymous

• sounds normal to me. but do offer your child lots of water. we also tell our kids if they don't eat, they will not have anything until the next meal. sometimes they eat, sometimes they don't. but they understand the rule.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2009