growing too fast??

is there such a thing as growing too fast?? my son is four and a half months. he was 22 and a half inches when he was born and is now 28 inches. he was 8.5 for weight and now weighs about 15 .5 my husband thinks there is something wrong with him for growing that fast and is making me worry, i think he is just going to be tall!

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds about right. My son weighed the same around those times.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• my son was bigger at both times... no biggie, you just have a big baby! :)
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 12:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• why worry? growth is normal! :) don't even stress about it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Baby's grow fast. It will most likely taper off a bit when he becomes a toddler. It doesn't necessarily mean you will have a tall child. As long as your Ds is healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. There is nothing you can do to stop him for growing.
    If your DH is that stressed about there being something "wrong" with your DS, take your DS to the DR and let your DR inform him that it's perfectly normal for baby's to grow quickly.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• that sounds just fine! my DD weighed that much at 3 months & was almost that tall. she's 9 m/o now & still growing fast & big. her Dr said she's perfectly healthy.

dont stress about it
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Babies do grow fast, and just cause he is big now doesn't mean he will be later. I was 8lb 14oz and 23in. when I was born. I grew up to be only 5'2".
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My oldest was 22 1/2 inches at birth and 8lbs 9oz. At 4 months he was 25 1/2 inches and 15lbs 4oz.. He followed his growth curve, and I'm sure your son is as well.

The doctor would have said something if it was a problem. That's why they use growth curves...to watch for problems...sudden sharp gains or losses in weight, sudden rises or stoppages of height growth...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i just read the answer from 'bradenismyson' oh goodness! i hope my son doesn't end up only 5'2"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no offense) LOL we better be proud of our big babies! let's not jinx them! lol
    princess021

Answer by princess021 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009