Please Help... Clomid or no Clomid?

ive been TTC for 11 months, without success. my doc says i should consider having clomid. i am not sure what to do as i ovulate every month (at least thats what the ovulation kit says)... i am wondering if i ovulate every month, how is clomid is gonna help me?

has any one used it and got pregnant? how soon? can u suggest if i should use it?

please help as this is the first time i am TTC, and i dont know my options.

Debrex

Asked by Debrex at 12:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• hey girl! i would definately try it.. It's helped sooo many women get pregnant.. But be careful.. IT does cause some slight mood changes.. and my sister took it for 4 months and she got pregnant.. I didn't get pregnant on it, but I took it for 5 months.. and even though it didn't work for me.. It regulated my hormones and made me ovulate like I should have.. but also, after taking it for 2 or 3 days.. I would get slightly emotional and everything made me cry.. But I think it's the whole process.. The trying to get pregnant, plus the medicine.. But good luck taking it if you deide to. I hope it works for you
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• if you o on your own clomid may help give you multiple eggs and or mature your eggs a little better...the benefits outweigh the risks. i did it for 6 cycles and i ovulated a little sooner in my cycles....i didnt get pregnant but we found out later we have Male factor infertility....GL
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 1:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I took it for 3 cycles and got prego on the 3rd, would recommend it!
    Anonymous

• I took it many ( I think 4 or 5) cycles and did not get pregnant. It made my VERY emotional, and really messed up my cycle. It has taken me about 6 months for my body to get back to normal. I already ovulated on my own, but just did what the doctor wanted and took the meds. I would not recommend it.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 5:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would definitely use it! Clomid makes your body produce estrogen which makes your body product folicles which then ripen into eggs. Clomid helps your body do this either if you currently don't ovulate or if you do ovulate currently it will probably mean you will create more than one egg therefore increasing your chances. Clomid does not however mean that all of these folicles and eggs will pop. And it can cause your womb lining to become too thin so that even if your egg is fertilised it may not be able to latch on correctly to your womb. Another side effect is that is can make your cervical mucus (horrible word! lol) become hostile to sperm thereby making it more difficult for the sperm to swim their way up to the egg. check out the Clomid Club here http://my.bounty.com/Forums/TreeLeaves.asp?btythdid=987855&btySubid=150
    Bounty2009

Answer by Bounty2009 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2009