Thinking about putting baby up for adoption

I am 5 months pregannt and I do not think mental and physically can care for another baby. I am thinking about putting the baby up for adoption. Where do I began who do I talk to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Adoption

• Call you local social services. They would rather help you than see a child not get everything that they need.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You can contact LDS social services, or google adoption services and contact one. Your are making an incredibly selfless and brave decision and I cannot even imagine. I know that there are couples out there eagerly awaiting a young woman like you making such a decision. I have friends who are incredible parents waiting, so there are great families out there.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Look for local adoption agencies. Check into them carefully and make sure they are legit.
    If you are a church goer then your church may have an adoption agency they use or recommend as well.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Start with a crisis pregnancy center. They can help you be aware of all of your options for this pregnancy and refer you to local adoption agencies that can help you through the process if that is what you decide to do.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Join one of the adoption groups so you can speak to moms who have gone through what you have gone through and get a better idea of what you will go through if you relinquish your baby.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with the above post.....you can find a crisis pregnancy center in your yellow pages under 'abortion alternatives', or online at www.birthright.org or www.lifecall.org . Thank you for choosing life for your baby!
    KateKevinAdopt

Answer by KateKevinAdopt at 12:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I just want to say I admire you. You willl be able to pick the parents for your baby. Youre not going to just abort it and be done to make yourself feel better. I cant believe how some women are totally aganst adoption but think its okay to abort them. My aunt and Uncle adopted a little boy he is so loved and taken care of his biological mother sees him a few times a year some people dont want that much access some do. Good Luck
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Thank you ladies you have me in tears. I really think this is the right choice to make. the only person that knows I am pregnant is my dh and I think it will be easier if noone else knows.
    Anonymous

• I cannot even begin to commend you enough for not killing the baby through abortion. You are brave and selfless and I wish more women were like you.
    As the wife of an adopted child, leave the baby an option to talk to you later in life. We have been through so much money and time trying to find his bio-mom. (Our situation is different because the state took him away at 2 years old for serious abuse and neglect).
    I would go through a private Christian adoption agency. The state is a joke. Good luck to, you are a wise woman.
    Anonymous

• Get counseling that discusses all your concerns before you make the decision. Take to other mothers who have placed.
    luckyshamrock

Answer by luckyshamrock at 1:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009