For moms who have lost infants, or miscarried....

Hey. I lost my son on 2/11/09. I was 20 weeks pregnant.. During the whole process, because I knew for 4 weeks, that it would happen eventually.. I kept saying.. I didn't want to be pregnant.. I couldn't go through it again.. And now, I want to get pregnant so bad.. But I am terrified. Not that it'll happen again, because what happened is not very common.. We had tried for 2 years, used fertility drugs and when I finally gave up hope, we got pregnant 2 months after the medicine. I was so in love with that baby, and to lose him.. And as much as I want to get pregnant again, I am terrified. Has anyone lost an infant/newborn and did you try to conceive again right away? Or did you wait 6 months to a year?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• my husbands ex lost their daughter, she fell pregnant again about 13 months after she lost her and now has a healthy baby girl :]

but im sure the pregnancy was very nerve wracking for her, but she never let on.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I lost my baby in 1999. I was told I would not get pregnant again. I got pregnant again in 2005. I was terrified my whole pregnancy! When they told me that he had stopped growing and was only weighing 2 pounds 12 ounces I just knew that I was going to lose him. The induced me at 35 weeks and they said that he weighed 3 pounds 2 ounces and that the one they did 2 days before (2 pounds 12 ounces) was wrong. He was born healthy at 4 pounds 7 ounces. I didn't chose to wait that long between pregnancies but it just happened.
    I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you luck when ever you decide to try again. It is scary.
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 12:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i miscarried and three months later i became pregnant with my daughter. sometimes things happen for reasons we cant understand. good luck.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I did. We are trying not. It seem like everyone is getting pregant,but me. I know I should not feel this way. I know God can do anything. I have one son who is six I want one more,because I do not want him to and only child. Like I was. I use to said I only wanted one child that I did not want more than one. That was because I was scared.
    Babygirl1966

Answer by Babygirl1966 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2009