My 2 year old daughter humps the floor, and makes grunting noises. it makes friends and family very uncompfortable. What should i do?

She humps, grunts, and turns red. It almost seems like shes pleaseing herself. One she starts its hard to get her to stop. Help us!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Health

• I am curious to see answers too. The little girl I babysit does the same thing and I try to get her to color and she will just stop and go back to the floor and do it again.
    Anonymous

• hmm, i am hoping someone answers too with some advice. My daughter doesn't to this, but she is only 8 months, so who knows what is yet to come. I am wandering if it is a stage some go through, but where the pick it up from. I wander if they saw somethign on tv by accident and copying it, ot accidently saw mommy and daddy in the bedroom on time? I havn't encountered a child doing that , my one of my aunts little girls a few years ago, would when she was sitting on your lap, and facing you, she would start jumping up and down and makin noises. We didn't know if if she was actually just playing and being silly or if she had seen some one doing somethng one time. Either way it could be uncomfortable too. Kids can do the darndest things
    Anonymous

• maybe she is itching. i would just take her to another room and say you have to do that where no one can see you. otherwise, idk.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree with KarrieMarie. when she starts to do it, pick her up and place her in her room. Tell her that you know it feels good but that she has to do that in her bed or in the bath only. It is normal, but you may want to check down there for signs of a yeast infection or anything else that would cause her to itch.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• don't make a big deal out of it or she'll get the wrong impressions about her body.she probably is pleasuring herself,I can remember doing the same at an early age.just remove her from the room.
    Anonymous