Is this teething?

My 4 1/2 month old dd has been slightly fussier than usual. Her doctor said that she was gumming meaning her gums were getting tender for the teeth to come. Well, her gums up top are swollen. Does that mean the tooth is moving down? I know the front teeth are usually first to come in. I know it's not thrush. Her mouth isn't white. I just need a little advice.

svnamom18

Asked by svnamom18 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah i bet it is
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• feel her gums... are they hot like if her mouth is running a fever? my sons teeth did that he's 7 months and was teething since he was 3months.....he just got two teeth within 2weeks....kids can teeth for months......and yet there are some kids that are born with teeth, try giving her a cool wash cloth instead of a teething ring since her gums are swollen...........
    KrisNJacob

Answer by KrisNJacob at 2:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2009