Are you one to say things you don't mean when you have a fight with your SO?

ugh, I can be mean and I apologize to him, but I replay what I said in my mind and its like an apology isn't enough :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• when i was young, i did. we have calmed down soooo much.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• haha.. i used to.. granted, he said some hurtful things.. But I would really let him have it.. Saying I wanted a divorce and I hated him.. We haven't done that since like july of last year.. but it used to get bad!!!
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• OHHHH yes we both do!! we have horrible tempers people would think we were crazy if they saw us fight!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I did with my ex. But i think deep down i really meant some of the stuff i said, even though it was horrible. I'm completely different w/ my Love that i have now. I would never want to hurt him like that, but if he's bieng a jerk for whatever reason (like daddying me over stupid stuff) , i'll only say the truth. If he is being an ass, I will tell him he is being an ass & in a calm voice (it makes him feel worse if i say it maturely, & calm) .
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yeah and I do regret it after I do but its like they underdstand how we feel when they hurt us and its like they don't care either.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• yea but we both do. i blame it on us both being geminis...its a relationship of 4! haha...but its been 5yrs now that we've been together, and frankly. its not as bad as it use to be. i think we are maturing into a good responsible couple.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I used to be like that.. till my Dad died with him and I out of sorts and I'll always regret that so I've learned to try really hard even in anger to just shut up instead of saying something I'll regret and may not get the chance to say I'm sorry for, or that they may never be able to get out of their head. You can apologize all you want, but it never erases what you said, it's forever embedded in their memory
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• He is the one who says mean things when we argue.I don't want to talk at all when I'm mad.Both are just as bad.But once you say something you can't take it back like it never happened.Even if you are truely sorry.For me the mean statement plays over and over in my head.Even if he was really really sorry.I remember the hurt feelings for a long time.My husband has stopped doing that.So now I am willing to have "discussions" with him.I'm just telling you this so you understand your husbands side of it.Maybe you two need to just not talk to each other when you are mad, and wait til later to settle it when you won't argue.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes. I really do regret it because he is sooo sweet, I'm the fighter not a lover and he's a lover not a fighter lol so he is always the first to apologize. I have gotten better though I just have a problem that when I'm mad at someone I just say the most hurtful things. But if I wanna keep my husband I better watch my mouth LOL.

xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 1:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I use to do that with my ex, but I think it was because I had lost respect for him. I don't now with my SO so I think it has to do with maturity (I was younger) and how much you respect them.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 1:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009