What are your..

opinions on texting while driving or talking on your cell while driving?

Here is Cleveland they are trying to pass a law where it will be illegal to text and drive.

In Brooklyn and north Olmsted Ohio it's already a law that you can't be on your cell while driving.

I think both should not be allowed.

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I find it pathetic we have to legislate this. There are already inattentive driving laws on the books they should be enforced. It would be nice if people used common sense and thought of others then there would be no need for insane laws on texting while driving and not smoking right in front of buildings. Common sense sadly is not common anymore.
    Anonymous

• It's already a law in Wa State. I for one support it fully!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't think it should be allowed at all. I used to do it before I got pregnant, but now I know better and pull over if it is something that cannot wait. And I'm one of those that can text without looking, still will not do it though.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Both are illegal in California now. Its dangerous and reduces reaction time.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I'm against it and I would not do it. It's just not worth it to put myself and others in danger. I know there are going to be responses that say "I do it and I've never been in an accident" but that's true of alot of people until they do have an accident! That's why it's called an accident, you don't see it coming. My sister does it and I hate being in the car with her! Of course she laughs it off but it's scary because she drives around with her kids while doing it....
    Anonymous

• I think it's dangerous. talking and especially texting while driving. Here on base if you get caught you lose your license for 60 days.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 1:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It should be illegal.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 1:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• the only time you should be driving and on a cell phone is during an emergency. example:

i went to the hospital while seven months pregnant because the baby was not moving, they had to transfer me to another hospital so hubby had to find someone to take the kids. before he could get half way to the other hospital they had to give him a call on his cell phone to tell him that they were doing an emergency c-section. he was driving at the time he received this phone call.

mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Again, I don't think its a new law thats needed but for a case law to be made to support that this is reckless driving under the title of reckless driving.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I am a military dependent and it is already in affect on all bases.. it is awesome! and I am all for it everywhere. it is reckless, wait till you get home/where you are going and THEN call/text... if it is an emergency then it should be ok, (such as the emergency c/s statement) but seriously, 90% of th time the phone call is NOT that important.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 2:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2009