Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you know to call DHR

My brothers girlfriend whom he has been living with for over a year has a horrible drug problem. She has been shooting up meth and taking horse tranquilizers. Her addiction is out of control. My brother has tried countless times to try to help her. She got on a drug called saboxion (spelling might be wrong) it is to help you get off drugs and not have withdrawls. It's like methadone without the narcotics. She has stopped taking the saboxin and again doing the drugs. The worst part is, is that she has a precious 3 year old boy who is put in the middle of this. I know she loves him and I know she takes care of him to an extent but there is only so much a drug addict can do....continued on another post.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Now is the time.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

  • tell your brother if he doesn't get her help or out of the house, then you will. i always like to not sneak up on my family, i like to be honest. this could cause a big rift but you know your family and you know what you have to do.

    Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.